Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cell Phones are Expensive!


I finally did it. Every month I look at my cell phone bill and it makes me soo mad because I have 500 minutes and only use about 200. I have sprint and the only option they have that would be any cheaper is 450 minutes for 5 dollars cheaper. I have put this off because of fear that I might go over 450 minutes but I am never even close. I also have told myself that it is just $5 and worth the extra 50 minutes.


So here's the deal. Using a savings calculator, I figured out if I save $5 a month for the next 35 years until I retire earning 5% interest and paying 28% tax then I will save $4,147. Cha Ching! This isn't a million dollars but I believe it is well worth lowering my cell phone bill for. Especially since I'm not using the minutes anyways.


These little costs can add up and I believe it is in my best interest to try to cut expenses as much as I can. Even little things that I don't think make a difference ($5 a month) can add up to some serious cash over the long run. And I am a fan of serious cash!

No comments: