Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No Savings? Let's Go On Vacation!

So there is a woman I work with who is so excited about her upcoming vacation. She is going on a cruise somewhere in the Bahamas so I didn't think much of it except that sounds fun. But today she was talking about how the heater in her car quit working and they don't have the money to fix it because all of the money they have saved up is to be used for thier vacation.

This blows my mind! You have no money saved up but yet you are going on a vacation? I guess at least they aren't putting the vacation on credit cards. But seriously people. If you don't have an emergency fund saved up and can't afford to get a minor repair to your car when needed then I think you need to rethink going on an expensive vacation. This is why America is in the mess we are in.

No comments: