Monday, October 1, 2007

Summary of Goals


I have recently written about my main goals of retirement, debt reduction, increasing emergency fund, and coming up with a solid budget. Here is a brief summary of my goals that I hope to achieve by the end of this year:




Stick to established budget for one month.

$3,260 in retirement accounts.

$17,500 in debt accounts.

$2,500 in emergency fund.


I haven't talked about my emergency fund other then stating that I will not be contributing to it while trying to reduce my debt. However, I decided to make a small goal of increasing the balance by $300 by the end of the year because this should easily be attainable. I will be earning interest on my current balance and should be able to put in a little bit of money over the next three months to reach this goal as well even though it is not budgeted for. We'll see!


No comments: