Sunday, January 20, 2008

Book Review: Financial Peace Revisited

Recently I finished reading Dave Ramsey's book "Financial Peace Revisited." I am a big fan of Dave and believe in his methods towards financial freedom. I read his book "Total Money Makeover" a few months ago and really enjoyed it. I think his baby steps are a great method to turning your life around financially and I currently am in the pay down debt stage.

"Financial Peace" was the book he wrote before "Total Money Makeover." Where as "Total Money Makeover" is the plan towards financial freedom, "Financial Peace" is the idea. I feel this book was mostly about why credit cards are bad, why debt is bad, why you need an emergency fund. In this book Dave discusses living below your means by spending less then you earn. He talks about debt being bad. Pay for things in cash and save for your future.

This was a good book, however I didn't enjoy it as much as "Total Money Makeover." Had I read it this book first I may have enjoyed it more. I feel like both books discuss the same issues while "Total Money Makeover" actually provides you with a plan for turning your financial life around.

Do I recommend this book? Sure. It is a good easy read. The principles are sound. However, if you are only going to read one Dave Ramsey book then I suggest "Total Money Makeover." In my opinion they both cover the same basic topics and you can get all the information you need from "Total Money Makeover."

No comments: