Thursday, March 13, 2008

Shopping for Insurance

With the contract on the house and closing in mid april my fiance and I decided to do some shopping around for insurance. We want to get the house covered under a homeowner's policy and put both our cars on the same plan.

Today I submitted online requests to be contacted so that I can get quotes. I contacted 5 different companies and we will also get a quote from the current insurance company we use. We will compare the same coverages from the different companies and choose the one that will be cheapest for us.

I've heard back from 2 of the companies contacted and have given them some information. There was some information I did not have such as vin #'s on the vehicles and my fiances personal info. like drivers license number. I will get that information tonight from her so I am prepared tomorrow. We will try to get these quotes together this week and next and have a decision made by the end of the month. I believe by buying a homeowners policy with the same company we have auto through will get us a good discount on the auto insurance and hopefully our car insurance will be less then it currently is. Once I have all the quotes I'll do a post about which companies I contacted for quotes and the range of quotes we recieved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If im in the situation of the owner of this blog. I dont know how to post this kind of topic. he has a nice idea.