Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Little About Me!

Well, if anyone decides they would like to actually read this blog then I thought they might want to have a little bit of an idea of who I am. I am a recent college grad who works for a mutual fund company as a fund accountant. I really enjoy my job. It is probably the perfect job for me considering I get to look at investments all day and account for the funds owned by my company. The company offers great benefits and has kept me very happy since I started. I started working for this company about a year ago. Before that I tried a brief (1 month) stint at being a Financial Advisor for Ameriprise. This didn't work out! They just wanted me to cold call and get clients and no sane person wants to hand over thier finances to some 25 year old kid just out of college with no experience. I am interested in personal finance but I can't advise people if they don't want it. I didn't like cold calling and the pressure and long hours so I quit and moved home until I found my current job (career) which has me very satisfied in the present.

I just recently moved into a rental house with my girlfriend. We have been dating for a little over a year and things are going wonderful. We have a little dog named Edgar to give us some joy.

I like to run. I ran cross country and track in high school and college. I have ran one marathon (San Diego Rock N' Roll Marathon) in 3 hours 25 minutes and would like to complete another. I was training for the Kansas City Marathon this upcoming fall but have been sidelined with a twisted ankle the past 3 weeks and am going to have to pass on the run.

I enjoy reading personal finance books and investing books. I am very interested in stock picking and investing.

Hopefully that's enough about me. For future plans, I will post my goals, my investing, book reviews, and other personal finance information I find worthy of this site. Keep checking back for updates.

No comments: