Thursday, December 27, 2007

The 4 Financial Books I Recieved for Christmas



This Christmas I recieved 4 financial books that I have been wanting to read. Three of the books are more about investing and one is overall personal finance.

The personal finance book, with picture to the left, is Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Revisited. I am a big fan of Dave Ramsey after reading his book "Total Money Makeover." I believe if you follow his steps you will find yourself in a better financial position. He can help you get out of debt and not have to worry about finances too much. I am excited to get started on this book. I doubt it has any new information in it for me but it will be very motivational to keep on track towards my own "financial peace!"

The investing books I recieved are Micheal Covel's "Trend Following" and "The Complete Turtle Trader." I also recieved Timothy Sykes "An American Hedge Fund." I like reading about stock investing and about peoples success so these books will be very interesting.

So far I have started reading my first book which is the Complete Turtle Trader. It has been interesting so far giving the background of Richard Dennis. He started out with a hundred dollar stake and became a millionaire by his early 20's. He traded on the commodities trading floor in Chicago but soon moved to an office so he could trade all the markets. This book will be about how Richard Dennis trained some random people that answered an ad he put out in papers on how to trade. He let them trade his money and they all turned out to be very successful. This experiment shows that you can be taught how to trade and how to make millions of dollars. I look forward to reading more of it.

No comments: