Friday, December 28, 2007

Raise for 2008


Today we were informed of our raises effective the first pay period of 2008. I will be recieving a 5% raise or $1,800. I am fairly pleased with this raise. It would have been nice to get more but I could have gotten less. This puts my salary up to 38k plus a bonus if we recieve one next year. I calculated that I will be saving an extra $480 in my 401k plus company match and I will have about $1,200 more take home pay next year then this year with the raise. Right now this money will be earmarked for paying down my credit card debt until I can rid myself of the debt. Then the extra money will be saved each month.


I have been working at my new job for about a year and 3 months now and am currently making about 3k more then when I started. I have also recieved over 5k in holiday bonuses. This is nothing to be ashamed of and pretty soon in another year or so my base salary should be over the 40k mark. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: