Friday, December 21, 2007

Just Increased My 401k Contribution

Well, I just walked down to the HR department and put in my form to increase the amount I contribute to my 401k to 6%. Starting the first pay check of 2008 I should be contributing 6% of my salary with the company matching another 4% putting me up to a total of 10% of saved for retirement next year. It's a small increase but I am working my way up slowly until I am personally contributing at least 10% myself. I'm not sure when the next time I will increase it will be but I felt like this would be a good time for a small increase since I should be getting a raise for 2008. I should find out about the raise the first or second week of January. I think it is very important to maintain the same standard of living even though I will be making more money. This is an effective strategy to save more money by saving any increases I recieve in salary every year.

No comments: